[podcast] Lean Enterprise interview with Software Engineering Radio
Johannes Thönes interviewed me recently for SE Radio regarding our book Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organizations Innovate At Scale.
Interview introduction by Johannes: “A lean enterprise is a large organization that manages to continues innovating while keeping its existing products in the market. O’Reilly talks about the idea of scientific experiments and the build-measure-learn loop popularized by the lean startup method.
He shares his experiment of an online wine seller using Twitter. He further discusses the challenges for enterprises trying to do something similar and introduces the three-horizon model, to manage innovative, growing, and sustaining products.”
- Lean Enterprise: How High Performance Organizations Innovate at Scale http://amzn.com/1449368425, by Jez Humble, Joanne Molesky, and Barry O’Reilly
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses http://amzn.com/0307887898, by Eric Ries
- GOV.UK http://www.gov.uk
- Intuit https://www.intuit.com
- SnapTax http://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-software/snaptax.jsp
- The three-horizon model http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/strategy/enduring_ideas_the_three_horizons_of_growth
- Barry O’Reilly’s blog http://barryoreilly.com
- @barryoreilly on Twitter http://twitter.com/barryoreilly
- Software Engineering Radio Episode 221: Jez Humble on Continuous Delivery http://www.se-radio.net/2015/02/episode-221-jez-humble-on-continuous-delivery